Please go to the Online Applications Here and select whether you are applying for a dog or cat!
What Each Applicant Should Know
- Dogs will require the following vaccines/tests EVERY YEAR for the rest of their lives: DH2PP-L/ (this vaccine covers Distemper, Hepatitis, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Leptospirosis), Rabies (1 year or 3 year vaccines), Bordetella (kennel cough), Lyme (to protect against Lyme disease which is transmitted to dogs through ticks), Heartworm test (transmitted to dogs through mosquito’s) and monthly heartworm pills. The costs for these vaccines/tests can be $300 or more per animal each year.
- Cats will require the following vaccines for the rest of their lives: RCP (this vaccine covers Feline Distemper, Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus), FelV (Feline Leukemia vaccine), Rabies (1 year or 3 year vaccines) and monthly flea prevention. The costs for these vaccines/tests can be $200 or more/year per animal.
- Last Day Dog Rescue dogs and cats, unless otherwise stated, come with age appropriate vaccines, sterilization, and have been deemed healthy by a licensed veterinarian. Much like your physician cannot guarantee that you will never fall ill; we cannot guarantee the future health of any of our animals.
- All fees are subject to change without notice at the discretion of Last Day Dog Rescue.
- Submitting an application does not obligate you to adopt nor does it guarantee the animal will be adopted to you.
- Last Day Dog Rescue does not work on a first-come, first-serve basis. We collect applications on the animal in question and make a determination on where we think the animal will do best.
- We cannot guarantee the age and breed of our rescue animals. We depend on our vets and other professionals to help us make the best determination regarding the age and breed of all our animals. On rare occasion, we will get some written documentation that has accompanied the animal from the shelter providing the actual age and / or breed.
- Last Day Dog Rescue reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.
- While Last Day Dog Rescue makes every effort to process new applications as soon as possible, it may take up to 7 days to fully process your application. The vast majority of volunteers at Last Day Dog Rescue work full time jobs and we do our volunteer work during our lunch hours, evenings and weekends. We cannot always reply immediately to an application that has been placed.
- The Last Day Dog Rescue Board of Directors make all adoption decisions and their decisions are FINAL.